My mother came to visit us this weekend and brought along two pounds of gorgeous blueberries. I knew right away that blueberry pancakes were a Sunday morning must.
I love pancakes just about anyway you can make them, but nothing beats blueberry pancakes. Especially with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and maple syrup.
But you know what’s the best part? I still have a TON of blueberries that I can’t wait to bake with (or just eat by the handful..)!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 ts salt
- 3 Tb sugar
- 1 3/4 ts baking powder
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 Tb melted butter
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine eggs, melted butter, and milk in a bowl.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add in the wet. Mix until just combined, mixture will still be lumpy.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat and brush with melted butter. Pour 1/4 – 1/3 cup of batter into the skillet, then press the blueberries into the pancake.
- Once the surface of the pancake has bubbled and the edges look slightly cooked, flip them over and cook the other side until golden.
- If cooking only one or two pancakes at a time, store the finished ones in the oven at 170°F.