I have to admit I’ve been seriously slacking in the pumpkin department this fall. I love pumpkin and usually bake quite a few different things, but this was maybe my second pumpkin recipe of the season?!! These Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars were there perfect thing to curb my pumpkin craving and even better…they’re perfect for sharing!
Last year I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars that were amazing, but I wanted something with more of a bread/cake texture, and these were perfect! They’re not quite a pumpkin bread, but not quite cake either. Some of my coworkers are already asking when I’ll be making more….
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 ts pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ts baking soda
- 3/4 ts kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ts vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 12 oz chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350. Line a 9″ x 13″ pan with foil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar on medium-high until smooth. Beat in the egg followed by the vanilla extract. Once that is smooth, add the pumpkin puree.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then stir in the chocolate chips by heand.
- Spread the batter into the foil lined pan. Baked for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before removing from the pan by lifting out by the foil.
- Enjoy and share with friends!