I have tried many different granola recipes and techniques over the year. Most of them are quite tasty, but never quite what I’m looking for. I’m happy to say I’ve FINALLY found a recipe that I really love!
We really like the Back To Nature Cranberry Pecan Granola and usually would stock up when Publix has it BOGO, but now we don’t have to because this is wayyyy better. Plus it’s totally customizable! Use whatever nuts and dried fruits you’ve got on hand! I think it would be amazing with dried cherries and walnuts, and of course you can sub out the juice for whatever you’ve got on hand. Just be mindful of the amount of sugar or you’re looking at a dessert granola rather than breakfast!
Do you have a favorite granola recipe, or do you usually just stick with store bought?
- 1/3 cup maple agave syrup
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 tb almond butter
- 1 1/2 ts ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted almonds
- 1/4 ts fine sea salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the agave, brown sugar, cranberry juice, almond butter, and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds and salt.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the oats and combine well. Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and stir in the cranberries. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the mixture begins to brown.
- Allow to cool completely before storing.