I’m happy to say I FINALLY got around to making a chalkboard menu for our kitchen! I’ve been wanting to make one for quite awhile, but couldn’t find the exact frame that I had in mind.
I finally “settled” on this frame that I found for a buck at a thrift store…I just wanted to make something! I sanded it down some, but left much of the finish still intact.
I decided to test out the coffee, steel wool, and vinegar stain I’ve been seeing all over Pinterest. I put a piece of steel wool and about 2 Tb of used coffee grounds, poured in enough vinegar to cover everything, and let it set overnight. I highly recommend gloves for this project!
This was such an easy project that can be done in a day…and to be honest, I was pleasantly surprised with how it turned out despite not finding the “perfect” frame.
Now I just need to work on my chalk writing skills!