If your New Years resolution was to eat healthy and lose weight, then this dish is not for you. But if you’re like me, you have to cheat every so often. And this is the PERFECT cheat meal. The sauce is simple, but it’s such a great way to highlight the fresh pasta.
Serve this with a bottle of good wine and you’ve got winter comfort food at it’s finest. I seriously don’t think there’s much better than this.
You can find my recipe for fresh pasta here. You don’t have to make your own pasta, but I absolutely recommend doing so!
- 1 lb of pasta
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 oz prosciutto, minced
- 3 oz asiago cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium saucepan, cook the peas in boiling water until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Bring the cream and prosciutto to a simmer in a small saucepan, over medium heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the peas and cheese and add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta until tender; about 3 minutes if using fresh pasta, or according to package instructions.
- Combine the pappardelle and cream mixture in a large bowl.
- Serve immediately, topping with more asiago if desired.